On Friday December 19, 2014, the good folks at BHM Group opened up nap rooms and a pretty cool bar / lounge on the penthouse at BHM HQ in Ikeja, Lagos.
Unlike the nap rooms, which are only accessible to the smart creatives working with NET, Black House Media or ID Africa, BHM Lounge is available to friends of the organization and visitors to BHM Group on certain conditions.
However, before you head to our Allen Avenue office to chill and relax, here are some important BHM Lounge rules you must keep in mind:
BARTENDER ON DUTY HAS THE AUTHORITY TO
- Ensure compliance to lounge rules
- Request proof of membership
- Refuse service to any patron
- Request any patron to leave the premises for the remainder of the day
ADMITTANCE TO THE LOUNGE IS LIMITED TO
- Staff of ID Africa, NET, F316, Newsroom, Pop, BHM, and NEC
- Staff families and friends
- BHM clients and partners
- Registered members
- Must be signed in by a member
- Should be known by the member signing them in
- Members must be present while their guest is in the Lounge
- Members are responsible for the conduct and/or damage caused by their guests
- Out of bound to MINORS (persons under the age of 21):
- Alcohol will not be served to minors
- Abuse of the lounge will result in complete loss of lounge privileges.
- Please do not get drunk.
- Drink responsibly here and elsewhere, we will refuse to serve you further alcohol should we be convinced you have had more than enough (e.g. when you are unnecessarily happy and screaming or arguing that you have not had too much.
LOUNGE CONDUCT THAT MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION
- Bringing own beverages into the lounge
- Bringing a weapon into the lounge
- Smoking outside the designated smoking area.
- Abusive language
- Rowdy behavior or fighting
- Destruction of BHM Lounge Property
- Going behind the bar
The lounge is a no-TV, no-Wi-Fi area. We hope our guests will be free from distractions and actually have a chat.
TV: Because we don’t want you to argue about Arsenal, Chelsea and football related activities and break each other’s heads; we have made sure there’s no TV access. No you can’t bring yours.
THE FOLLOWING CONDUCTS ARE PROHIBITED IN THE LOUNGE
- Obstructing staff from performing their duties, and refusing to follow their instructions.
- Disrupting safety and comfort in the lounge.
- Taking away games, magazines, newspapers, etc. from the lounge without permission.
- Conducting sales activities (e.g. display, advertising, publicity, sales).
- Changing facilities and supplies without permission, or using them for purposes other than the original.
- Smoking in areas other than specified.
- Violating eligibility for the lounge use.
- No jumping, remember you are in the roof
- No sleeping in the lounge, no sleeping with anyone either.
- Please keep noise level low in respect to our hosts and neighbors.
LOST OR STOLEN ARTICLES
Please keep your belongings with you at all times. BHM Group will not be held responsible for any articles lost or stolen in the BHM Lounge. We will not even call the police for you.
Luggages are not permitted in BHM Lounge.
BHM Lounge reserves the right to deny admission to any member or guest deemed improperly dressed or whose conduct may affect the comfort of others. We love piercings, tattoos and cleavage though.
BHM Lounge will not entertain credit sales in any form today, maybe tomorrow.
BHM Lounge will be open between the hours of 9am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.
All payments must be made via our cards system, please consult manager for details.
Volume of music should be played at low level out of respect to our hosts and neighbors.
ITEMS NOT ON THE MENU
Items not on the menu will not be allowed into the Lounge except authorized by the Bartender